June is finally here, warm weather and good times await. June is also Idaho Wine and Cider Month and this year is the 12th year for this festival. Wineries and Cideries across the state are participating this year and it’s a perfect time to explore new wines or ciders made in the great State of Idaho. We are so lucky to have so many amazing wineries and cideries in the area.
New this year is the Savor Idaho To Go Passport. The passport is free at participating wineries or by contacting the Idaho Wine Commission. On top of tasting some great wines, you have the opportunity to win some amazing prizes from some of the wineries and cideries who are participating in this event.
This is how you use your Savor Idaho To Go Passport. Each time you visit one of the participating tasting rooms, have them sign the “VISITED” space in your passport. Each winery has a featured Savor Idaho flight listed and additional promotions that they will offer all month long. To enter the drawings, email your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 7, 2021. Winners will be announced on July 9, 2021. Some wineries charge for tastings. Please visit the winery website prior to your visit if reservations are needed.
Below is a list of some of the Wineries and Cideries that are participating along with their June specials, a complete list can be found on the Savor Idaho To Go Passport page. You can also download the Idaho Wine Commission’s Tour Guide to Idaho Wineries.
- Jovinea Cellars – Complimentary featured flight tasting and $10 off Savor Idaho 3-pack * 2019 Marsanne, Washington, $19 * 2019 Dolcetto Rose, Washington, $20 * 2018 Syrah, Washington, $24
- Meriwether Cider Co – Complimentary tasting of Savor Idaho flight and Crew pricing when you buy the Savor Idaho bundle. * Vinous $20 * Apricot Sage $7.50 * Ginger Root $7.50
- Rolling Hills Vineyard – 15% off Savor Idaho 3-pack * 2018 Cabernet Franc, SRV $45 * 2018 Syrah, Yakima Valley $38 * 2019 Sauvignon Blanc, Yakima Valley $22
- HAT Ranch Winery – 15% off Savor Idaho 3-pack * 2018 HAT Trick Red, SVR $26.95 * 2019 Vale Wine Co Sweet Moscato, SRV $15 * 2020 Unoaked Chardonnay, SRV $20.95
- Coiled Wines – 10% off a 3-pack or an additional 5% off for Coiled Club Members * 2018 Rizza $30 * 2018 Translations Rose $20 * 2018 Diamonback, SRV $34
- Indian Creek Winery – 15% off Savor Idaho 3-pack * 2016 Star Garnet, SRV * 2016 Moscato, SRV * 2019 Mountain Syringa, SRV
- Telaya Wine Co – 10% off 6 bottles * 2018 Tempranillo, SRV $38 * 2018 Syrah, SRV $34 * 2020 Carrie’s Select Chardonnay, SRV $27
Now gather up some friends, enjoy the warm weather and go visit these excellent tasting rooms, vineyards, cideries. We would love to hear your feedback, hashtag us at #idahowinescene!
A couple of fun facts, Governor Otter first declared June to be Idaho Wine Month in 2009 and there are now 69 wineries in Idaho and 447,213 gallons were produced in 2019. That’s a lot of wine! 🙂